Monday, November 15, 2010

New York, New York

This past weekend I high-tailed it out of the office and went to New York City with my parents.  My, it was an experience.  I'm not sure what I expected, but it definitely wasn't all of that racket...or the people!  So here are the highlights of the trip:

  1. We rode the train up there.  I wasn't sure why we weren't driving until we got there.  And when I saw a sign for the Lincoln Tunnel, I had to chuckle to myself because all I could think about was...."I passed through the seven levels of the Candy Cane forest, through the sea of swirly twirly gum drops, and then I walked through the Lincoln Tunnel. "
  2. The first night, we went to the Empire State Building.  Very pretty.
  3. We saw Wicked.  I know I'm biased because I've never seen another musical, but I can't imagine anything even comparing to it.  It was amazing.

4. Ironically, Elf is now a musical, too!  We didn't get to see that.
5. We saw Bon Jovi on the Today show.  They were promoting his Greatest Hits album...how many of those can you have? :)

6. We went on a tour bus and saw lots of famous things including 2 movie filming sights, one with Ben Stiller and another with the Bat Mobile.

    7. Shopping, of course!  Mostly for shoes since the 8 floor department stores were slightly overwhelming.  Where do you even begin???
Even though I had an awesome weekend, NYC is definitely only a visiting place for me.  T minus 4.5 days until I'm in Mississippi!

No comments:

Post a Comment